Sunday, November 1, 2009

Quality time with my little girls

I write this having just recovered from yet another stomach bug that struck me down in the early hours of Friday morning. Having been poorly since 3am I left home at 07:30am to go to Wakefield to do my team meeting with the guys but didnt even make it to the office. All i will say is good job i had a carrier bag next to me, not good. I spent the rest of the day in bed, still sorting work stuff out as I have not got a vacancy in the team so interviewing Tuesday and Thursday next week to hopefully find the right candidate to come into the team.
Well I have started this chapter the wrong way round with the end of the week first. Nikki and Nat had booked to go away for a long well deserved Spa weekend break, well i say long weekend, it was 3 nights four days which felt like a long time looking after the kids! Nikki left on the Sunday so on the Monday I planned to take the kids to the Deep in Hull. I have never been before but the girls have and they loved it last time and this time was no exception. We set off at 08:30am and arrived there at 09:15am but it didnt open till 10am so we had to wait around for a bit. Once in there, Nyah just loved it and the place is amazing. Cant believe how big it is and the viewing areas of the fish is out of this world. The views really are spectactualar. Having walked round for an hour or so we then into the soft play area which both the girls loved. We then had a further walk round then headed to the restaurant for some food. The only problem is the sandwiches they had where crab and seafood mix, not the best combination you want to give your kids! The view certainly made up for the food with great vies over the humber and we where lucky enough to see a few boats right beneath us which Nyah loved and told the whole restaurant!
Tuesday was spent out walking with the girls. We walked to the canal, fed the ducks, went to the playground and a great time just watching the world go by and been in the great outdoors. I also managed to get a mega training session in when the girls where a sleep.
It was only 25mins but I have only just stopped aching now. Here goes.........
1/ 5 pull ups
2/ 10 press ups
3/ 15 body squats
Task, do as many sets as possible in 25mins. Sounds easy, but trust me, give it a try, its a killer!!
Nikki returned on Wednesday after a fantastic and relaxing few days. We then after the girls woke in the afternoon went for a walk along the canal and to the playground. I never take for granted where we live, i absolutley love it. We are so close to the canal with great walks, next to play grounds with large open green spaces for the kids and mummy and daddy to run around.
Now onto the end of the week, we really could have opened our own ward at Hull Royal over the last few weeks. My sickness bug, My mums cyst, my grandad been diagnosed with Parkinsons, my grandma with her dizzy spells and my little sister with her little finger!
Bring on next week and heres to bulding my immune system ready for the colder weather thats on its way...........

No comments: