Monday, October 26, 2009

A week of Highs and Lows

This week has been a combination of highs and lows and both I guess have been at those ends of the spectrum. It started on Monday with a phone call from my mum to say my Grandad had been the hospital for a check up. Not to go into details about the whys and what fors but the doctor diagnosed my Grandad with the start of Parkinsons. My Grandad is 81 going on 60 and I guess this was a shock to him, my Grandma and the rest of the family. The doctor said he could have had this for a while but I am really sure that the true spirit of the family and my Grandad with his determination and focus will fight this all the way. We spent a few hours there on Sunday and both my Grandma and Grandad loved spending time with them. It really must be amazing to see the 4th generation of family growing up.



The start of this year has seen my Grandma not been at her best. She has suffered with her balance quite badly to the extent she has been unable to get out of bed due to dizzy spells. That fighting spirit and determination to overcome how she was feeling has been proven and she seems to be on the road to recovery. I always remember going to see her a couple of weeks after she started with these dizzy spells and her looking me in the eye and saying, "I wont let this beat me, Ill get over it!" Just inspirational words to know that know matter what life throws at you, if you put your mind to it and have a positve attitude, you can achieve it.


Keep that fighting desire going G&G!





Following on from this we had my mum who was admitted into hospital with a cyst on her back. She stayed in hospital for two nights awaiting for the operation to remove it but every time she was due to go down another emergency was admitted! The doctors eventually put her on strong antibiotics and sent her home with the instruction of if gets any worse then dont hesitate to come back. From speaking to my mum it would seem that in the situation she was in, the NHS where at max capacity. Despite the staff been as helpful as possible and doing everything they could they constantly seemed to be fighting a loosing battle of too many patients and not enough resources. My mum is now back home and hopefully the medication will kick in so she is back to her normal self again soon!





The High was that me and Nikki are proud Godparents to the little cutey below, Angelina Thurlow born on Thursday 22nd October at 2am weighting in at 7lb 2oz. Anoushka did a great job as little Angelina looked liked she would have been more than happy staying in mummys tummy until xmas than coming out. We are so proud of you guys and cant wait to spoil her and give those cheeks a big kiss! Let the good times role and the sleepless nights begin. Congratulations to you both, cant wait to see you this weekend.



Check out our gorgeous little God Daughter and that head of hair.........

No comments: