Friday, November 13, 2009

What a great feeling..........






Saturday morning, my alarm call goes off at 6am in the form of Nyah shouting "Daddy, can I come in your bed?" Theres only one answer when she says it that cutley! Nyah stays in our bed for 20 mins or so then I go down and get the girls milk for them to have in our bed. By 7am I have got the wind in my face and crusing on the 38 mile bike journey over to Hull. Early mornings are part and parcel of having kids so getting the opportunity to make the most of them and get out on the bike is a no brainer. I was aiming to head over to my mum and dads for 9ish and Nikki and the girls would meet me at my Grandma and Grandads for 09:45am.


I took the picture above onmy phone on the old A63 road from Selby to Howden. The air was fresh, the skies where clear and the sun was rising right in front of my eyes. For me, there really isnt a better way to start the day. I was really happy with the pace a made over to my mum and dads, its a total of 27 miles and having set off at 7:10am I arrived there at just before 08:45am. The journey was good and I felt I maintained a constant cadence at a higher tempo that normal. When I arrived at my mum and dads, me and PC Senior May headed to Grandma and Grandads.


On Sunday we headed to see our new born God daughter Angelina Thurlow. It was great to see the guys with the new arrival. Anoushka looked fantatsic considering what she had been through over the last month or so. Little Angelina was even cuter in real life. So proud to be god parents and she is going to be seriously spoilt in years to come! Welcome to parenthood, you guys are really going to make great parents.





Training this week.

This week has seen me complete one of the best weeks of weight training I have done all year. Why? Well because I planned what I wanted to do this week in both my weight sessions and diet and have I have stuck to it. So far I have completed 3 weights sessions:

1/ Chest and Triceps (Monday)

2/ Back and Biceps (Tuesday)

3/ Legs and Shoulders (Thursday)

Equally important if not more so I have been really strict and consistent with my diet. Eating on a regular basis and the eating the right foods have been key. This week has really given me the motivation and drive to deliver consistent training sessions over the winter months. I have spent time in getting the garage cleaned up and it looks spot on now. You are only as good as your last week so key for me will be to deliver 2 training sessions over the weekend and a further 4 sessions next week.

No comments: