Sunday, November 29, 2009

MONEY, MUSCLE & THE MILLENIUM SQUARE

The 3 M's this week are Money, Muscle and the Millenium Square.
Why? Let me explain......


Ebay


Until last weekend I was a virgin to selling anything on Ebay, Im not now! My new hobby is selling items on Ebay! I sold a projector stand that was bought for the projector in the kitchen but didnt fit. It was still boxed and had never been used and I had 5 bids for it on Ebay and eventually sold it for £72, happy days. I curently have a multi function oven on there that is still brand new and boxed which with one day left has only had one bid for £50. What I have found out though is that the fun really starts in the last 24hrs and even more so in the final couple of hours when the bidding really starts hotting up.




We have got a few items that need selling so I plan to get these on before xmas to hopefully generate a bit of extra pat cash.


Muscle - Training


I talked last week about momentum in my training and I have continued with another great week of training. I set myself a target of training all week on the bike but it didnt turn out like that. Monday and Tuesday evening was spent on the bike covering 18 miles across the two nights on the trainer. Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evening session where short and sweet. I only spent a maximum of 30 mins each time in the gym but worked at quick reps with only a 30 second max break so I was really feeling it by the end of each session. My diet has been spot on this week again, plenty of protien, plenty of veg and regular eating times during the day.


For the first time in all long time I feel like I am going in the right direction. Main reasons behind this are momentum, keeping up the regular training session even when I have been limited for time on an evening, keeping up on the diet with plenty of protien. Granted over the last week or so I have had a couple of beers but everything I do has to be about sustainability and having a few beers once in a while is always going to be on the cards, which leads to the next M.......


The Millenium Square - The German Market - Leeds


Wow, this event is awesome, right up my street. We visited last weekend with my mum and dad and sister. We got on the train at Selby where we met them and headed over to Leeds. We went into Prohibition for a coffee then headed to the German Market. Wwe couldnt have timed this any better, both the girls fell asleep as soon we got to the market and satyed asleep for 2 hours. This allowed us to have a short walk round then head into the beer tent where we sat in a perfect little alcove eating the finest german sausage sandwiches and drinking glasses of 1 ltr german beers (2 pints in one glass). Having had 3 pints me and dad where feeling a bit light headed to say the least. The atmosphere was fantastic and it really felt like you where in Germany at one of the local beer / xmas markets.
Now thats what I call a serious bbq, MEGA................................................


No comments: