Saturday, January 17, 2009

A visit to the Peak District


This week has gone by so quick yet looking back on reflection their are only two things that I am going to talk about. Work has been really busy and productive this week doing appraisals with my team and some planning for the next couple of months. We have a dashboard that track, ranks and publishes on sales managers performance nationally. This is produced on a monthly basis and tracks your teams core KBI performance then ranks it nationally. I started the job in Spetember where the team were currently performing 23rd out of 34 nationally. I soon implemented and gave the team increased direction and motivation and as a result the full year results for 2008 that came out on Friday showed I moved from 23rd to 13th over three months so I was over the moon and more importantly really proud of the team for the hard work and commitment they had shown in the last quarter of 2008.



I set my training objectives a couple of weeks ago and I must admit these where to quite a disciplined standard. I am however really happy with the start I have made to 2009. Over the last two weeks I have achieved 6 wieghts sessions, 3 1 miles runs and 14 mile bike ride in which I am planning on doing this again in the morning with Nyah on the back. What I am most pleased with is my diet. I have made a real concious effort to eat 5 meals a day, each one with protien and so far I have not been far off this. I have found supporting my training with the right diet is a so important. I burning more callories by training in the gym so its important that I am not only intaking the right amount of callories but the right source of food. Mentally and physically I can tell the difference so I know I am on the right tracks.



Today has been a great day. For me, nothing beats getting up in a morning and heading off somewhere whether it be the coast, the lakes, dales and going on a long walk. Our good friends Dash and Natty (Nyahs new name for Nat!) headed down to Baslow near Chatsworth House for the weekend in their home on wheels. We headed to see them on Saturday morning and arrived down their about 10am to be greeted by sausage and egg sandwiches and a cup of horlicks! After eating mine in a matter of minutes we headed out into the open Derbyshire Dales which was amazing. We followed the road on a long walk to Chatsworth Garden Center were we stopped and had some lunch. After lunch and a short nap Nyah was great, she walked all the way back to the caravan site along the river. Little Ciara was great to, when she wasnt sleeping she was looking around and taking in all the views! I love going to the Lakes because its what we have always done and it is great, but door to door to get to Chatsworth and the Peak District was an hour and it was a really enjoyable day with great scenery, views, history and walks. It is something we will do again, and very soon.







Really looking forward to next weekend as we are visiting the girls godparents Ben and Anoushka which we havent seen since the back end of last year. Think we are taking the girls to the zoo for the day so that should be really good fun.


Here is to another week of good training.






No comments: