Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Training - Qtr1 2009


In terms of training, 2008 has seen up and downs and no real consistent focus to my training. The main reasons for this are having a house extension done which took nine months, a new arrival in Ciara and the start of a new job at work. All are very big milestones in my life and a significant amount of time has been taken up with these, and some will continue too!


In my training, routine is everything. My main focuses at the start of every week is planning and preparation. This way I know where I am, what I am doing, when I am doing it and how I am doing it. I did this to a certain extent in 08 but as you can imagine with a new baby and job, routine can change.


Sport and training has always been a big part of my life, from playing Rugby for Hessle RU, Football for Hull City Boys, Tennis for Yorkshire, Cricket for Humberside or whether it be training with my best buddy Ben at Haltemprice Sports Center at 10 at night or in my garage smashing lights with the punch bag!


I want 2009 to be a year of sustainability and taking it to the next level in my training. Words sustainability and taking it to the next level don't necessarily go in the same sentence but for me I feel I have the routine and resources. eg the gym and routine with the girls and work and in terms of taking it to the next level, with this is a number of things. As mentioned above, planning and preparation is key. With this in mind, I have wrote down a plan below. I have done something similar before on a number of occasions but never really stuck to it and don't think it was necessarily the best way of training.
The Focus. The below routine encompasses weight training, cardiovascular training and puts emphasis on the diet as well.
Taking it to the next level via a plan and sticking to it!




I have 4 training sessions to do a week and If I am pushed for time one particular week then I can reduce this down to 3 sessions. Each session focuses on CV first to get the heart rate up then weights on a particular muscle group. This means by the end of the week a full body workout will have been carried out.


Objectives for training - QTR1 2009

  1. Carry out a minimum of 3 weight training sessions every wk

  2. Carry out a minimum of 3 CV sessions every wk

3. Maintain the diet across the week with one treat day

4. Train til I fail pushing harder than before

The great thing about the bog is that I will be able to update on my performance every week on how I have done versus the the Plan. I feel really motivated about the plan and training in 2009. I know that there will be times when I don't feel like training or could have a lapse but the difference is that this time is that I have a plan in place, I know what I am doing, and I have the motivation.


Let the training begin..................

No comments: