Sunday, January 11, 2009

2009 Objectives and Plan

Its bizzare, I talked last week about my training goals and my objectives for 2009 and this chapter was going to look at my objectives and goals for 2009 in general. I buy a magazine at the start of every year called "The World in what ever year it is) and this year it is 2009! Its a great read and makes predictions about the financial, political, cultural and travel issues that we face in 2009 around the world, and this year it is a very interesting read considering the economic crisis we are experiencing not just in GB but across the world.

In addition to this I ran a briefing day with my team on Wednesday and within it I ran a training course on Planning and Preparation for 2009 and putting the ownership on the team to take responsibility for their own development. An example I used was that I will support and coach them but They have to take it all onboard and work on this themselves. I could spoon feed them but this would achieve nothing. I couldnt go into their promotional interviews with them and answer the questions, they have to do that themselves with the knowledge they have.

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that when I started to update the blog I noticed that my good friend Ben had also done something similiar about setting goals and plans for 2009 in his blog! Ben and Sarahs little daughter Evie has not been to well recently and had to go into hospital. She is home now and the May family hope she gets better soon.

Onto the Plans and Objectives for 2009.
Travel

I love traveling, experiences new places, new cultures, meeting new people from around the world and tasting the local cuisine. Its something me and Nikki havent done as much of in recent years due to a number of reasons. Home improvements and our daughters have been the main reasons but I wouldnt have changed any of these for the world. We have booked our first holiday to Lanzarote which we are really looking forward to. One main reason for booking this was to take Nyah, seeing her in a warm climate, on the beach playing in the sea will be magic so really looking forward to that. (And my Mum and Dad are going so they might even babysit one or two nights so I can take the wife out for a lovely romantic meal and skinny dipping!)

We visited Centre Parcs in 2008 and had a fanatstic time. The place is so perfect for families and Nyah loved it when we went so we plan to visit their again.

Me and Nikki have said that we would love to try and get away on two long weekend city breaks. Barcelona and Dublin are two that have been highlighted so hopefully we can plan those in soon.

In addition to this me and Nikki really want to book weekends away with the girls to go tourist attractions such as Chester Zoo etc.

I highlighted in my Road Racing Chapter that I wanted to visited the IOM again for the TT. Other road racing dates I would like to visit are the NW200 and the Ulster GP. I really want to get as many quality pictures of these races as possible so I can start to put my book together. Me and Nikki started thinking of names to day for the book. "Open Roads" was a favourite??????

Use our garden!

After nine months spent last year doing our extension the garden was a right off for the majority of it. Me and Nikki have spent some great times in the garden, not just in Selby but in Leeds aswell. BBQ's, late night chats and entertaining in the garden are certainly a big plan for summer!

Training

I talked about my training objectives for 09 but one thing I didnt mention was a long ambition that hasnt yet been fulfilled and thats to do the coast to coast. I hope to carry this out this year over three days and do it with my Dad and best buddy Dr Ben. If anyone fancies, just shout!

I also love taking Nyah out on the bike which I want to do as much as possible this summer.

Drum Lessons

I have started back with the drum lessons and have now had 4. I have really enjoyed each one. When im there and then driving home I always feel that I have been overloaded with too many routines and I struggle to remember them but then as soon as I get on my kit at home later that week I seem to pick them up straight away! I really want to maintain my lesson once a week with a view to do doing some jamming sessions at some point in the year.

Alot to fit into a year, but aim high and you will achieve alot!!

Bring on the good times

No comments: