Saturday, July 24, 2010

Saturday 24th July - 111Mile Ride by paul0010 at Garmin Connect - Details

Just returned from the longest ride I have done for a while (in fact I think I have ever done).

With six weeks to go I have had a really strong week on the bike and in total since last Saturday have completed 270 miles with the bike one today been 111miles.

I have been really consistent duruing the week and have been doing some intense hill work and high speed 40mile routes.

Todays 111 mile was really satisfying and again another learning curve.

I was loaded to with as much fuel as possible, 3 Mule Bars, wine gums, banana, nut bars and plenty of electrolyte fluids.

My concern is that towards the end of the ride I had a slight twinge in my left knee which sometimes I could ride off and other times it was slightly uncomfortable and I could feel myself putting more pressure on my right leg. I will give it an extra week of training and if it gets any worse I will get some physio on it.

Plan for the morning is to get out early doors and do a 40mile ride to round off a solid weekend on biking, 150miles....

Oh yeah, 50mph down Staxton Hill without pedaling has to be the highlight, check out the stats..........


Saturday 24th July - 111Mile Ride by paul0010 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments: