Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lots to update..........

1/ All signed up for the JOGLE 2010 is awesome. Out of any challenges I have done I think this is going to be the biggest. 1,000miles over 8 days completing 120miles a day. Seriously tough challenge but a realistic one and with the charity for Parkinson's research makes this an extra motivation for my Granddad. Training for the ride is going ok. Id like toget out more but work is manic and Im not feeling 10% at the moment, probably because work is so manic. Ben was up at the weekend so I set the alarm for 4:30am and we set off from Elloughton to Bridlington and back covering 90miles in 5 hours. We both felt really good after the ride and it gave us alot of confidence completing nearly a tonne.
Training really needs to pick up now with more consistent riding during the week nights with one big ride on a weekend. Im suffering at the moment with a bit of a sore throat and feeling hot and cold which isnt making me want to get out on the bike. As soon as I feel I am out the other side of feeling like this then I will be out on the bike.
While I am like this and Im hoping it will only last another day or so I am going to aim to nail down a training plan for the remainder of the time before the challenge. This will enable me to work towards sustainably getting fitter day by day. I want to be able to complete this challenge in one piece and as comfortably as possible, not just scrapping through as then there becomes a point of potentially not completing. I dont want to look back on the training and think, I wish I had done....... there are no excuses, its down to me.
Im just watching the Tou of France and its the 3rd stage along the cobbles section. Its awesome! There have been so many accidents since the start of the tour that it really has thrown things open.

http://www.justgiving.com/PaulMay1

I have set up the "just giving" in order to achieve the £1k target for Parkinsons.

The 1000 mile cycle from John O' Groats to Land's End (JOGLE)....... the classic cycling trip.....this time with a difference!
On september 5th 2010, I will be joining 99 other riders on an extraordinary and unique team ride to cycle the length of Britain in just 8 days. This will mean each of the 100 strong team riders averaging 120miles per day in the saddle!
Our collective aim is to each raise a minimum of £1000 pounds towards groundbreaking research into Parksinson's disease. 100 riders = £100,000. At the start of the year my Granddad was diagnosed with the start of Parkinsons so this is a challenege in not only completing the JOGLE 2010 but raising the money to see this goes into supporting the disease.
Of course this would not be possible without the imagination and ongoing hard work of James Bowthorpe, our team leader and a true cycling hero having recently smashed the guiness world record by circumnavigating the globe on a bike in just 176 days in aid of Parkinson's disease research!
This challenge would not be able to happen without the Love and Support from my wife Nikki (Letting me go for 8 days!) who is putting up with me talking bikes, training, diet and living with me eating, breathing and looking forward to this JOGLE 2010.
Wish me luck....I'm gonna need it
Best wishes and thanks again for your support
Paul
Night away in Leeds
Aside from cycling, me and Nikki had a great night away in Leeds staying at the Mal. The girls stayed at my Mum and Dads and it was great just to walk around Leeds, drink coffee and catch up as daft as that sounds. Life is so hectic sometimes that you can forgt each other but having the night away is the opportunity to spend that quality time together and as usual get so excited in the run up to it but after a couple of hours miss the girls like mad!

No comments: