Saturday, April 3, 2010

Re: Not enough hours in the day

Every morning you are handed 24 golden hours. They are one of the few things in this world that you get free of charge. If you had all the money in the world, you couldn't buy an extra hour. What will you do with this priceless treasure?
3 months since i last updated my blog and trying not to sound to cornie but I really have been trying to make the most of the hours I have available during a day / week so far this year and I feel emotionally and physically much stronger because of it.
I should first of all state that I am not happy in the fact that the last update was over 3months ago when I had built up some great momentum in doing my blog. My main objective ongoing is to write a "small update" at the end of every week to deliver a short update on happenings and events.
Nevertheless the main reason for no updates (if there is to be an excuse!) is that this year has been the businest start to a year I have had to far with CCE. We have a new GTM process and I know when I reflect on these first three months (and this year) in years to come I will look back with great memories of overcoming big challenges to deliver. Implementing and been part of 6 Assessment Centers in 2 weeks, Devising and running training days, Recruitment Day at Newcastle University, Formal one to ones with team about future jobs, 4 new starters and the end of the road for another.
All in all reflecting so far this has eaten into alot of my time on an evening in order to get where I / we are today.
On the flip of work at the start of the year I was concious of the minor health problems I had at the start of the previous year with cold, sickness and general unwell feeling which lasted well into the first quarter of the year. Just after new year I joined DW Sports and its one of the best things I have done far this year. Time has been really tight but i have been managing to visit the gym at least three time a week. I have been training at 6:30am in a morning and at 8pm at night to ensure I get the sessions in. I really feel like I have some momentum with the training now and feel the best I have done in a long time, coupled with that I havent repeated any of the sickness bugs I had last year which is great.
One of the best days this year saw the family celebrate my grandma and grandads 60th Wedding Anniversary. What a special day. My Grandma hasnt been in the best of health recent, infact far from it and with my Grandad getting diagnosed with the start of Parkinsons didnt really make things feel any better. The day was just great though, my Grandma and Grandad where on brilliant form and spending it my mum and dads who had put on another great day made it feel really special.
It must be some feeling, first of all been married for 60years and secondly seeing the 4th generation of the family been born into the world........ truly amazing.









Happy Anniversary Grandma and Grandad.XX

No comments: