Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nyahs 3rd Birthday


This week has been an action packed week full of celebrations, starting off firstly celebrating Nyahs 3rd Birthday. Nyah had been spoilt once again for her special day by me and Nikki but also both sets of grandparents in a laptop, trampoline, wendy house and lots of other toys which would take me to long to go through.

We celebrated Nyahs birthday by having a party. My Mum and Dad came over early on the morning to see the girls and bring the presents over and spent the majority of the day at ours which was great. They helped get everything ready for the party with us along with keeping the girls entertained as they where both extremelly excited. Nyahs friends included Seth, Ellie, Molly and Sam, Connor, Evie, Charlie, Anna, and Lenny. Luckily the weather was great and everyone was able to play outside. Alan who lives around the corner who walks past our house everyday with his dog and brings him to the window for the girls to see had come round to do some video footage which was great. What we didnt expect was him to come round an hour after he had left to bring a copy of the dvd round. It was brilliant and will be a great memory for the girls in years to come.



Monday saw Ben, Anoushka and our gorgeous little god daughter come over for the day. Me and Ben in typical fashion just talked bikes and training all day and ended up going out on a ride for just over an hour clocking up 24 miles at a really good pace. We then headed to the local where we had the had probably the biggest carvery I have ever had. The plates where huge and as normal I filled my plate to the top. It was great to catch up with them and see how much Angelina has grown. I must say this everytime I write a blog after they have been but we just dont seem to see each other enough with work and one thing another. Heres to catching up more this year and putting something down on paper for this lands end to john o groats ride we keep talking about..........




In total this week I have clocked up 85 miles which I am really pleased with across three rides. One ride over to Hull (30miles), One ride with Ben (25 miles) then one early 7am start on Saturday morning (30 miles). As each ride has gone on I have felt stronger and stronger in my legs. CV really dont see to be a problem and the extra hours spent in the gym this year really seems to have paid off. My only concern is a slight twinge in my left knee which keeps re occuring. plan is to sit tight and see how it goes and if dosent go away then look at getting some physio on it.

Well a busy week ahead, 2 nights away, team training in Northampton, new starters, inductions, Meeting at Xscape and then a trip to Thirsk races on Friday to end the week.

Me and Nikki really cant wait till Saturday as my mum and dad are looking after the girls and we areheading over to Leeds for Saturday night to stay at the Mal. Wwe will probably both just sleep non stop as we are so ready for the break.

This update next week will have seen a big milestone achieved and should see me getting back to a bit more normality at work, if there ever was such a thing......................

No comments: