Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a great first week on paternity!

If this week is anything to go by I am going to cherish every minute with my girls as the first week of my paternity has flown by, but what an exciting and bonding week it has been.


We have had lots of visitors to see Ciara, Grandparents and Great Grandparents, Auntie Sarah and Vanessa, Natalie, Katrina and Seth, Keith, Sarah & Ben, Chris and Vicky, Louise, Jane and Peter and Stuart and Fin to name a few.


Friday saw me, Nyah and Grandad May go on our usual bike ride (although first time for Grandad). Its a great circuit me and Nyah normally do and she really enjoys it. We leave Brayton and head towards the Canal then over to the air field at Burn. From here we head on the Trans Pennine route that takes us towards Snaith, but then we divert to Temple Hirst, West Haddeseley, Chapel Haddesely, Gateforth then past Brayton Barff back home. The circuit is about 15 miles and gives Nyah a great way of seeing and experiencing new things. We always see Grandad Mays Hull train going past at which point she shouts "Chu Chuu".Seeing Cows, sheep's, planes and feeding the horses are all part of the ride.




On Friday evening I made a long list of jobs that I wanted to try and get done while I was off and I managed to make a big dent into the list over Saturday and Sunday.

Following the completion of our extension I still had the drive way to jet wash and clean. I managed to get this done on Saturday and probably double our Water bill for this month! Over the past 9 months while we have had the extension done, the garage has been used as a storage place which has restricted me working out. As a result, I was up till around 10pm on Saturday and finished off building my shed on Sunday around lunch time. This has created alot more room in the garage for me to train and room for my rowing machine when it arrives next week!





















I even had some help from Nyah cleaning up afterwards!

I have enjoyed every minute of this week spending time with the girls. Nyah is growing and developing at such a rapid rate, I didn't really realise how much until having this week off. She picks up on everything you say, she is understanding alot more and as a result communicating more. As a parent, its a real sense of satisfaction when you teach your children something, they do it and really enjoy doing it. For example with Nyah, she is carrying her dirty nappy (in a bag) from her bedroom down stairs to the utility and putting it in the bin.

Nikki is well on the road back to recovery now so we have said that next week we are going to get out for days as much as possible. A day to Leeds, York and the coast are all in the plans (along with a couple of bikes rides) so lets keep the fingers crossed for some good weather.

Well, just watched Match of the Day and seen the Tigers roar to yet another amazing victory, 1-0 against Tottenham. Last week they beat Arsenal and the teams confidence is going from strength to strength. Hull have now scored the same amount of points as Derby (promoted) did for the whole of last season. That's some achievement from the boys. The city of Hull will certainly be buzzing at the moment.

Here's to another Mega week with the girls..........

1 comment:

Ben G said...

Rowing machine hey? I will be round for some 2000m competitons soon!! Great post Paul, nice to see things are coming together, enjoy next couple of days.