Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Three Special Girls........and the new routine!

Its been 72 Hours at home with the latest edition to the family and what a dream she has been! It brings back so many happy memories of when we brought Nyah home but its been better this time round. The reason for this is Nyah is now 18 months old and its great to see her interact with her little sister. She really has been great and is doing some really cute things like kissing her little sister, feeding her milk, passing her toys and stroking her, the perfect big sis!

Monday was quite emotional as my Grandma and Grandad came over. I know that seeing four generations together is amazing but for my Grandma and Grandad it must be something special. Its like me still been around to see Nyah and Ciara's children have children, it must be such an awesome feeling and an amazing sense of how important a close knit family is.
I can only hope that me and Nikki are around to see this replicated.................

Little Ciara is perfect, I got my first little smile today. Her skin is so soft its like velvet and the smell of her temples and body, I could just smell it all day (apart from when she has a poo!)

As with Nyah, we wanted to adopt the same routine for Ciara and so far this is going really well. Myself and Nikki feel that it is really important to keep a structured routine so that we get to spend quality time with the girls but also get that quality time for me and Nikki especially on an evening to reflect on the day or week.

(That last paragraph was wrote 20 minutes ago! Little one has been crying so I have been up to check her nappy, wind her and give her a some water.........and she is still crying!) so much for so far so good.

Today has been a really good day, we have just spent it together the four of us so it has enabled us to get a bit more familiar with things. Nyah is really developing at such a rapid rate, especially with her vocab. Words and sentences she is saying at the moment are, "Come on then", "Sooorry", "Book", "Go walk". I took her out in the car today and as a little treat I put her in the front in her car seat, she loved it! Again it was so cute seeing her with her thumb in looking through the front and side window smiling. I really am looking forward to spending some quality time with my three girls over the next couple of weeks!

Once the kids had been put to bed tonight at about 6:30pm I got changed and headed into the gym and had a really good session. Its been a week or so since I last trained so I had a really good session on my abs and chest......I am aching already and I only finished the session a couple of hours ago. Its one of the best things I did converting the garage into my rocky style gym. Its time effecient, convenient and allows me to keep up to training with no real excuses as its on my door step!

It really feels like autumn now, the nights are fast closing in, the temperatures have really dropped and the garden is now covered in leaves. Guess thats the summer over with for 2008, or you could say, "Did the summer even start?"

1 comment:

Ben G said...

Blog looking good Paul. Looks like you are having a great time with your girls. Rower hey, time for some 2000m competitions. Be round to the May gym for a session soon.