Sunday, September 27, 2009

A 30th Birthday party to remember!

29th Septemeber 1979, the day I was born. 30 years on we celebrated the big 30 in style by having a party at May Towers.


A 12x3 mtr Gazebo with Lights, Live Band (or two brothers and guest drummer "Birthday Boy" and Harmonica player "Senior May"), 35 close family and friends, lots of food and drink topped off by one the warmest days of the year. The party kicked off about 2:30pm. We had the Dunwell brothers from Leeds starting at 2:30pm and they played on till about 7ish. Having them there added a great atmosphere to the bash. I had set up my drum kit and played about a dozen songs with them. I had forgotten how good it is just jaming away. Its certainly given me that bug again to kick start my drum lessons. Senior did a handful of songs on the harmonica which sounded awesome, especially when he was taking the lead.
I really couldnt have asked for a better day and as always it was great having everyone together and having a good catch up. Pretty short update in terms of comments but im show the pictures tell the story better...............................

No comments: